To lead a community session, you will need to be a C-IAYT Yoga Therapist (or equivalent)* and host a session that addresses one of the following conference subthemes:
- Mental Health
- Chronic Pain
- Yoga Therapy in Healthcare
- COVID related health challenges
- Creating Optimal Health with Yoga Therapy
Community Session hosts will
- Present a 45-50 min (experiential or lecture based) session during the the three day conference
- Have your session highlighted in the GYTD conference
- Have the opportunity to build your international profile
- Have the opportunity to grow your client base (self-promotion at the end of your session is encouraged – this event is hosted to help you create new clients)
- Receive a ticket to the GYTD Conference Plus Recordings of keynotes
Please note: Community Session hosts must still purchase a ticket to the Global Yoga Therapy Day; however, Community Sessions hosts pay a discounted rate ($150 instead of $199; *$75 for the first 50 to commit to lead a session).
To register to host a community session, you will need to have pre-prepared:
- The title of your presentation
- A 140 character description for your presentation (to get people to click to learn more)
- A longer description of your presentation
- A 1500 x 600px image to feature your session
- Your website, Twitter & LinkedIn URLs (if you have)
- Credit card details to purchase your discounted conference pass & submit your registration to host a Community Session
Please note: The GYTD submissions team will review all registrants and confirm your place in the Community Sessions portion of the conference program. You must be a C-IAYT, or a senior yoga teacher or healthcare professional using yoga therapeutically in order to host a community session.
* $75 for the first 50 to commit to host.