Right-click the Wi-Fi device and choose Properties. Switch to the Advanced tab. Search for an option called Preferred Band and set the value to Prefer 5GHz band (or equivalent). Options may have slightly different names depending on the adapter in your laptop.
How do I force my laptop to use 5GHz?
Steps to set band to 5GHz
- Right click on the Start button and click Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Scroll to Related settings and click on Change adapter options.
- Right click on your Wi-Fi connection and select Properties.
- In the Wi-Fi Properties box you will set the Wireless Mode.
How do I change my Wi-Fi from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz?
Changing Wi-Fi frequency in your router
- Identify your router's IP address. For most routers, the default IP address is 192.168.
- Log in to your router's configuration page.
- Navigate to the wireless settings.
- Change the frequency band.
- Save and apply the changes.
- For 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- For 5GHz Wi-Fi networks.
How do I upgrade my laptop from 2.4 GHz to 5GHz?
How to Switch to 5GHz on Windows 10
- Click Start > Device Manager.
- Select View > Show hidden devices to make sure Windows 10 displays all drivers.
- Expand the Network adapters list.
- Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter > Properties.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Set Property to Band or Preferred band.
Why can I only connect to 2.4 GHz but not 5GHz?
1. Device Compatibility: The most common reason is that your device may not support the 5GHz frequency band. Older devices or some budget models may only have a 2.4GHz wireless radio and lack support for the faster 5GHz band.
How do I change my Samsung 2.4 GHz to 5GHz?
So that's it. And if you want to choose uh automatic. Then if there's no five gigahertz. Then it will automatically to use the 2.4 gigahertz frequency.