Yoga Therapy Around the World
On August 14, 2019, the inaugural Global Yoga Therapy Day (GYTD), participants across 5 continents, and 36 countries, took to their communities with the message ‘If you can breathe, you can practice yoga’.
As part of the GYTD celebrations, YogaMate hosted ‘Yoga Therapy Around the World’ through our Global Yoga Therapy Day Facebook Page.
From Australia and New Zealand, through to India, Singapore, South America, Europe, UK and US thought leaders of yoga therapy from around the world shared in the celebration with a Facebook live or video share.
For those who either missed the videos, or those who want to revisit, we’ve put them together in on place so that they can be shared and enjoyed.
Choose to watch a specific presentation by clicking on the title of the presentation, or watch them all!
- Ann Marie Johnston, Leigh Blashki & Dr Amy Wheeler: Welcome & How to Assess for The Individual (51 mins)
Barbara Coley: Yoga Therapy in New Zealand (26 mins)
- Sandra Palmer: iRest® Yoga Nidra Meditation for Trauma (33 mins)
- Ganesh Mohan: Balancing Effort and Relaxation in Your Yoga Practice (24 mins)
- Dr Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani: Salutogenesis And Yoga Therapy (34 mins)
- Itta Roussos (Ravi Kaur): Kundalini Yoga Therapy as Healing Activism in Southern Africa (23 mins)
- Heather Mason: The Physiology of Breathing: The Power of Pranayama and Stress Relief (25 mins)
- Rachel Krentzman: Yoga for Your Feet (10 mins)
- Lisa Kaley Isley: Teaching to The People in The Room (16 mins)
- Anneke Sips: Be Your Own Therapist (28 mins)
- Stefan Ilchev: The six kriyas, shatkarmas, in hatha yoga and their role in yoga therapy (2 mins)
- Helene Couvrette: Exploring & Experiencing Body Breath Connection (30 mins)
- Molly McManus: Yoga Therapy for Whole-Being Well-Being (24 mins)
- Dr Richard Miller: Being Peace Through Oceans of Change (19 mins)
- Gary Kraftsow: River of Life Meditation (25 mins)
- Deborah Koehn: Into the Essence of Yoga Therapy, Bhuta Shuddi, An Elemental-Chakra Meditation (21 mins)